Google+ House Revivals: Painting with Puppies

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Painting with Puppies

Dexter and I have been  painting. 
 Apparently, my little fluffy roller things look just like his little fleece bone things.
Which must mean painting time is play time, right?  It's hard to believe this giant dog is still less than a year old.  He's just a puppy, with tons of energy.  A puppy that also happens to have generous amounts of Kilz in his coat....
His mommy isn't too crazy about the Kilz, but she's been a little preoccupied lately...
 ... which has left Dexter and me to see what trouble we can get into.
Dexter is especially helpful with cutting in.  Thank goodness for that!
Together, we were able to knock out the master bedroom in no time at all.
He even helped paint out the trim work -- that took multiple coats of Kilz, since the woodwork had never been painted before, but Dexter was a real trooper, and stayed right by me the entire time.  He stayed so close, in fact, that I tripped over him several times....  Such a helper....
He was pretty proud of his contribution, I think.
Overall, I think the room turned out great.  We would have liked to have painted the ceiling in a winter storm gray, but I've decided to tackle that one on my own... after Dexter's daddy gets back from Afghanistan, and he and his mommy join him at his duty station.
Something about being up on a ladder, when Dexter comes barreling through the space, makes me think next year is a fine time to paint the ceiling....